Bridgwater Women’s Center support women who may be facing life’s difficult challenges. We offer a wide range of in-house activities with specialist support and a busy group timetable. The centre is a women-only space where a wide range of support needs can be addressed in a safe and supportive environment.
We are looking for a friendly, welcoming and efficient volunteer receptionist who can support the team in the daily runnings of the Women’s Centre. We will provide you with induction training and ongoing support and supervision throughout your role and opportunities for professional development.
Tasks will include but are not limited to
- Greeting and welcoming Nelson Trust clients and supporting them into groups
- Responding to queries at reception and over the telephone
- Liaising with staff members and passing on messages
- Supporting clients with enrolment forms
- Stationary orders and supply checks
- Preparing rooms and group spaces
- Preparing and updating course registers and room keys ready for tutors
- Building safety checks
- General administration including photocopying, creating posters etc.
- Collect and collate volunteer hours
- Support the distribution of petty cash for volunteer expenses
- Update noticeboards and displays
- are female, over 18
- have a positive attitude towards vulnerable women
- have some experience of supporting people
- are able to hold boundaries and follow guidelines
- are able to hold confidential and sensitive information
- can listen to people who may be distressed
- are able to work as a team
- have good inter-personal skills to build strong relationships
- are willing to attend training, support and feedback sessions
- prepared to undergo an enhanced DBS check
The Trust know the value of a diverse workforce, and welcome applications from all areas of the community.
For further information please contact email@example.com Click on the links to submit or download the application form or ring 01453 885633 or post to Nelson Trust, Port Lane, Brimscombe, Stroud, GL5 2QJ
Nelson Trust is committed to safeguarding, successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced Child and Adult DBS Check.