LOCATION Stroud based, covering Gloucestershire on occasion
The Nelson Trust provides treatment, care and support for people looking for recovery from
addiction. We are looking for a friendly and committed volunteer driver to support our residential services and our clients in attending regular appointments, meetings, and activities in the local area.
Supporting the transport requirements of our residential services and the Hub Enterprises in Stroud and the surrounding areas within Gloucestershire. The volunteer driver will support the safe transport of clients to appointments, activities, and volunteer positions. This role will require flexibility, confidence to work on your own at times and the ability to listen to and support clients when in the car.
- A full, clean UK driving Licence
- Company vehicle available but it would be beneficial to Nelson Trust if the volunteer had access to their own vehicle for occasional use – mileage allowance of 45p per mile
- A positive and supportive attitude towards clients, staff, volunteers, and the public
- Punctual and reliable for appointments, providing continuity for clients
- Good listening skills and a friendly and calm demeanour
- Support clients in crisis with interventions and encouragement
- Have the ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Work to build positive relationships with clients in a manner which promotes recovery and their effort to engage with the treatment process
- Ensure all passengers comply with current legislation regarding wearing seat belts and smoking in a company vehicle
- Ensure all mileage is logged in the mileage logbook
- Working within the Nelson Trust ethos and upholding the trauma informed principles
- To adhere to safeguarding, health and safety and equality and diversity policies
- To uphold and promote the principles of abstinent recovery from addiction
We will provide
- An induction programme with ongoing support and development opportunities
- Mandatory and additional training opportunities
- A positive and friendly atmosphere to volunteer within
- Becoming part of the wider Nelson Trust community of volunteers
- Out of pocket expenses reimbursed
Volunteers are expected to participate fully in training courses provided.
All Nelson Trust personnel are to be responsible for own safety and others affected by their activities and to ensure adherence to the Nelson Trust policies and procedures regarding Health & Safety.
Nelson Trust is committed to safeguarding
Any successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced Children & Adults DBS check.
The Trust know the value of a diverse workforce, and welcome applications from all areas of the community.
For further information please contact email@example.com Click on the links to submit or download the application form or ring 01453 885633 or post to Nelson Trust, Port Lane, Brimscombe, Stroud, GL5 2QJ