Volunteer Literacy Tutor
Volunteer Literacy Tutor
Flexible working hours
The Hub Academy, Stroud
The Hub Academy is an educational building that supports the clients at the Nelson Trust and the wider, local recovery community in educational groups and accredited courses. We run a busy weekly timetable and are looking for someone to join our friendly team.
Volunteers will support our residential clients with literacy skills and confidence building in 1:1 or group sessions. We ask all volunteers to uphold and promote the principles of abstinent recovery from addiction.
Responsibility for supporting the staff of The Hub Academy including, but not limited to:
- Making clients feel welcome and supported during their sessions
- Working with clients on a 1:1 basis or in small groups
- Assessing each clients literacy level and support need
- Preparing materials for each session based on the clients need
- Supporting the client with their confidence and self esteem
- Working towards qualifications or signposting to the local college
- Have the ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Working within the Nelson Trust ethos and upholding the trauma informed principals
- To adhere to safeguarding, health and safety and equality and diversity policies
We will provide
- An induction programme with ongoing support and development opportunities
- Mandatory and additional training opportunities
- A positive and friendly atmosphere to volunteer within
- Becoming part of the wider Nelson Trust community of volunteers
- Out of pocket expenses reimbursed
Maintain a proactive relationship with clients, volunteers, staff, and members of the recovery community to promote The Hub as a welcoming and supportive environment for people in recovery from addiction.
Volunteers are expected to participate in all mandatory training courses with additional training offered for further progression.
All Nelson Trust personnel are to be responsible for own safety and others affected by their activities and to ensure adherence to the Nelson Trust policies and procedures regarding Health & Safety.
Nelson Trust is committed to safeguarding
The Trust know the value of a diverse workforce, and welcome applications from all areas of the community.
For further information please contact email@example.com Click on the links to submit or download the application form or ring 01453 885633 or post to Nelson Trust, Port Lane, Brimscombe, Stroud, GL5 2QJ