Education and Training
As an award-winning charity specialising in the delivery of holistic, trauma-informed services and applying more than 30 years of service delivery experience, The Nelson Trust provides a range of CPD accredited training to third sector, statutory, healthcare, and commissioning professionals.
We are able to deliver training directly to your organisation or from our Hub Academy in Stroud, Gloucestershire.
One Day Training Workshops
Trauma Informed Approaches (CPD Accredited)
● Trauma informed care, support structures (policy and procedures) and methodology.
● Learning outcomes: understand the framework of trauma informed theory and procedures, have a good understanding of how to implement trauma informed working into service delivery.
Wellbeing Resilience and Practitioner Self-Care (CPD Accredited)
● Exploration of stress and stress management, identifying risk factors for stress, self-care and building resilience, grounding trauma and stress.
● Learning outcomes: understanding how to identify and manage trauma and stress responses for staff working with individuals with multiple and complex needs.
Engaging Active Substance Misusers (CPD Accredited)
● Understanding the potential motivating factors of active substance misusers, short term interventions and facilitating change, development of recovery capital.
● Learning outcomes: an understanding of what creates the landscape for substance misuse, what facilitates change and toolkit for engagement.
Approaches To Exiting Street-Based Sex Work
● The Whole System: An overview of legislation and addressing the stigma of women who sell sex.
● The Whole Situation: Presenting issues and how to provide dynamic support .
● The Whole Self: Exploring the deconstruction of sex worker identity, impact of trauma and stigma, and the skill of engagement.
● Learning outcomes: How to create a whole system approach to supporting women to exit from street based prostitution.
Trauma Informed Care Packages
● A bespoke Trauma Informed training package created in conjunction with your organisation with your organisation’s training needs, trauma informed communication, trauma informed interventions.
● Learning outcomes: A toolkit for embedded trauma informed interventions and methods into day to day working practice and interventions.
ACEs - How to Ask The Question
● Understanding the world of ACEs, understanding disclosure, barriers and facilitators of disclosure.
● Learning outcomes: Understanding interest in routine enquiry, knowing how and when to ask about ACE’s and how to support individuals through disclosure processes.
Trauma Informed Leadership
● What the trauma informed approach is and why it is needed, understanding your own influences as a manager, senior staff member or CEO in your workforce, influence on leadership and company culture, impact of a traumatised workforce, implementing a trauma informed approach.
Book a course
To find out more, book onto the next course or discuss a bespoke training package for your organisation then please contact:
T: 01453 889 736 or 07880 382 720