POSITION Volunteer Gardener
REPORTS TO Maintenance Coordinator
LOCATION Stroud area
The Hub project runs community businesses across Gloucestershire to create widespread sustainable opportunities for people in recovery in relation to their employability and social situation. The project is growing and incorporates a cafe, a building maintenance enterprise, an alcohol free venue and a training centre. As part of the Maintenance enterprise the Hub is responsible for maintaining the Nelson Trust gardens in Stroud.
To carry out garden maintenance on a variety of the Nelson Trust’s residential properties.
To uphold and promote the principles of abstinent recovery from addiction
• To maintain garden beds and borders in line with a schedule of work.
• To work alongside and mentor volunteers from the recovery community sharing your knowledge to expand their skills and enhance future employment opportunities.
• To apply your knowledge of plants to promote healthy and attractive gardens.
• To organise safe recycling / collection of garden plant material with the Maintenance Coordinator
• To identify and report any garden concerns or equipment issues to the Maintenance Coordinator and keep him informed of your progress.
• To promote organic principles in line with the organisational ethos of abstinence and healthy living.
• To encourage food growing where appropriate.
• To share your knowledge and enthusiasm about gardening to members of the recovery community, staff and visitors.
• To ensure you use appropriate PPE at all times.
Volunteers are expected to participate fully in training courses provided.
All Hub personnel are to be responsible for own safety and others affected by their activities and to ensure adherence to the Nelson Trust policies and procedures regarding Health & Safety.
The Trust know the value of a diverse workforce, and welcome applications from all areas of the community.
To express an interest in this role, please contact the office on 01453 885633/ email email@example.com
or complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org