Volunteer Evening Outreach Worker
Are you looking for a challenge? Are you able to demonstrate a sensitive, empathic and compassionate attitude? All you need to do is give one evening a month join our dynamic team of women reaching out to sex workers on the streets of Swindon and Wiltshire.
Full training will be given, under the supervision of The Nelson Trust Service Development Coordinator for Sex Working Women. You will receive ongoing…
- training and development
- opportunities to learn and develop your CV
- professional risk management
Each evening will start with a full briefing and clarity on risks. You will always know what is exactly what is expected of you.
Each shift concludes with a short time to reflect and debrief.
- are female, over 21
- have a positive attitude towards vulnerable women
- have some experience of supporting people
- are able to hold boundaries and follow guidelines
- are able to hold confidential and sensitive information
- can listen to people who may be distressed
- are able to work as a team
- can take instructions from our Sex Worker Outreach Worker
- have good inter-personal skills to build strong relationships
- are willing to attend training, support and feedback sessions
- have bee out of services for the last two years (e.g. domestic violence, drug services etc.)
- are available at least one weekday evening per month
- are able to travel to and from locations
- have email access for regular updates
- prepared to undergo an enhanced DBS check
The Trust know the value of a diverse workforce, and welcome applications from all areas of the community.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Click on the links to submit or download the application form or ring 01453 885633
Email completed applications to email@example.com or post to Nelson Trust, Port Lane, Brimscombe, Stroud, GL5 2QJ
Nelson Trust is committed to safeguarding, successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced Child and Adult DBS Check.