Volunteer Lunch club facilitator
To support the Women’s Centre staff by assisting our lunch clubs. Here at the Women’s Centre we support women who may be facing life’s difficult challenges. We offer a wide range of in-house activities with specialist support and a busy group timetable. The centre is a women-only space where a wide range of support needs can be addressed in a safe and supportive environment.
To support the Women’s centre staff by preparing, cooking, serving and tidying up after our lunch club sessions. For a lot of the women accessing our centre, the meal they have at lunch may be their only hot meal that day, so help us in offering the women a lovely home cooked hot meal.
To uphold and promote our trauma-informed and gender responsive way of working, whilst supporting the team to provide a holistic support for women and their families.
Responsibility for Lunch club and supporting the staff of the Women’s Centre including, but not limited to:
- Preparing, cooking, serving, and tidying up after lunch club sessions at the centre
- Utilising our food deliveries and being creative and imaginative with meal ideas
- Working to Health & Safety and Food Hygiene regulations
- Willing to complete level 2 food hygiene and safety course
- An experience of cooking for larger groups would be preferable
- Maintain a proactive relationship with customers, volunteers, trainees and members of the recovery community to promote The Women’s Centre as a welcoming and supportive environment for people in recovery from addiction
- Please still get in touch if you are only able to commit to one day
Volunteers are expected to participate fully in training courses provided.
All Nelson Trust personnel are to be responsible for own safety and others affected by their activities and to ensure adherence to the Nelson Trust policies and procedures regarding Health & Safety.
Nelson Trust is committed to safeguarding
The Trust know the value of a diverse workforce, and welcome applications from all areas of the community.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 07850901520
Click on the links to submit or download the application form or post to Nelson Trust, Port Lane, Brimscombe, Stroud, GL5 2QJ