Role Title: Cooking Co-ordinator (Volunteer)
Reporting to: Centre Team Lead
Responsible for: The co-ordination and delivery of regular cooking sessions
Work Base: The Nelson Trust Women’s Centre, Victoria Road, Swindon or Brunswick Square Gloucester
Hours of Work: As agreed : This role would suit someone who is able to commit to a regular time slot.
To co-ordinate and facilitate regular cooking sessions to enable women accessing our women's centre to learn new life skills.
• To plan sessions
• To provide participants with recipe cards
• To facilitate the session and support women to learn new skills
• To record attendance and participation of session attendees
• Attend volunteer induction
• Attend training
• Submit monthly time sheets in order to assist the organisation to reflect the added value given by volunteers.
• Engage in regular supervision
• Display professional boundaries at all times when working with both clients and other professionals alike.
• To work in collaboration with the wider Nelson Trust multidisciplinary team
• In common with the Trustees and paid employees, all volunteers are required to abide by the policies of the organisation with special reference to confidentiality, equality and diversity, health and safety, and the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Skills and Qualities
Area Requirement Essential / desirable
Skills and qualities Empathetic
Professional manner Essential
Experienced in a range of cooking methods
Good verbal and written communication skills Essential
Able to set and maintain professional boundaries Essential
Understand the importance of confidentiality and safeguarding. Essential
Group facilitation Desirable
Understanding of the multiple and complex needs of women accessing the centre Desirable
For further information please call:-
The Women’s Centre Swindon on 01793 495812,
The Womens Centre Gloucester 01452 397690