The Nelson Trust is an expanding regional charity based in Stroud that helps those who are directly affected by substance misuse or are at risk of becoming directly affected by substance misuse.
Reporting to the Chief Finance and Operations Officer you will be responsible for the day to day running of the finance team (of 2) ensuring they continue to deliver an excellent service to stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• To oversee, mentor and support the finance team with responsibility for statutory transaction recording: Banking, Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Fixed Assets and Payroll.
• To prepare the annual income and expenditure, balance sheet and cash flow budgets for review.
• To prepare monthly management accounts for review.
• To maintain accurate records of restricted expenditure against grant income and to provide financial data in support of update reports sent to funding organisations.
• To prepare financial data to support funding bids.
• To design, develop and maintain systems to effect financial control and efficient reporting.
• To prepare the statutory accounts for review and audit.
• Other routine finance function contractual responsibilities, such as Insurance, Utilities, Property leases etc.
Qualifications: ACCA/CIMA would be advantageous, but relevant experience of a similar role in the charity sector is equally valued.
IT Skills: Excel (Intermediate) and Sage Line 50 experience are required for this role.
For an informal converstion about the role please contact Mark Wilson, Cheif Finance and Operations Officer on 01453 889994
Salary: £32,000 to £35,000 per annum depending upon experience.
Pension: 6% Employer pension contributions.
Hours: 35 hours per week.
Holidays: 25 days plus statutory holidays.
Click on the link to download an application form,
E-mail completed applications with covering letter to: - firstname.lastname@example.org
Post to Nelson Trust, Port Lane, Brimscombe, Stroud, GL5 2QJ
Closing date for applications: Thursday 29th June 2017